Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

VETERANS DAY: TODAY, GOLF DOES NOT SEEM AS IMPORTANT

My brother called me this morning reminding me that today was the 15th anniversary of the inauguration of the "We The People" Sculpture at Miyamura Park.
How time passes by! The "We The People" project commissioned by the Mayor George Galanis to my brother, at the park honoring local hero and veteran, Hersey Miyamura, was inaugurated on November 11, 1994.
However, "We The People...." and I do not mean the sculpture, but the words with a meaning that many take for granted, could have never been possible without the bravery of millions of people who have served in our armed forces and defended our freedom.
On a day like this, don't say "Happy Veterans Day", say...
THANK YOU VETERANS!... (and whether you know it or not, if you have played golf in Gallup, you have already played golf with one... )

No comments:

Post a Comment